Where did you grow up (ages 5-15)?Eastern New South Wales. (Sydney, Katoomba, and The Bush)
WHAT DO YOU CALL:
1. A body of water, smaller than a river, contained within relatively narrow banks?
2. The thing you push around the grocery store?
A shopping trolly
3. A metal container to carry a meal in?
4. The thing that you cook bacon and eggs in?
A fry pan.
5. The piece of furniture that seats three people?
A couch or Lounge
6. The device on the outside of the house that carries rain off the roof?
Gutters and downpipes
7. The covered area outside a house where people sit in the evening?
8. Carbonated, sweetened, non-alcoholic beverages?
9. A flat, round breakfast food served with syrup?
Pancakes are breakfast food? They're almost non-existant in my house but I make a smaller version called piklets. They're like mini pancakes with jam and cream on top.
10. A long sandwich designed to be a whole meal in itself?
11. The piece of clothing worn by men at the beach?
12. Shoes worn for sports?
13. Putting a room in order?
14. A flying insect that glows in the dark?
Firefly, but they're not found in this area. You have to go to the north coast to see them
15. The little insect that curls up into a ball?
16. The children's playground equipment where one kid sits on one side and goes up while the other sits on the other side and goes down?
17. How do you eat your pizza?
With fingers, pointy end first
18. What's it called when private citizens put up signs and sell their used stuff?
19. What's the evening meal?
20. The thing under a house where the furnace and perhaps a rec room are?
The basement, but they are a rare thing in Aussie houses.
21. An unusually heavy rain which does not last long.
22. A window covering on rollers that pulls down.
23. A new, limited access, multi-lane road.
Freeway, or motorway if it has a toll